As “the Monday” got closer I kept thinking to myself there was no way I was going to walk out of that room without breaking down. As we got in the car I couldn’t help noticing that he was happy and excited but I was barely keeping it together. He wanted to know if he could be dropped off first. He wanted to meet his teacher and see his friends. I just wanted to take him back home and hold my baby one last time. I don’t know why that first day of school has so much impact on a mommy.
As we waited for them to open the classroom doors Hudson kept asking when school was going to start and if his friend Lauren was coming. When Lauren arrived and Mrs. Kathy finally opened the door he ran right in with all the excitement of Christmas morning. He darted from the cars to the dinosaurs and then to the carousel. He didn’t look back for a minute
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Our first fall adventure.
Posted by Julie McRedmond at 7:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
i remember that first day with brennen. when we got into his class room...the first thing he said was, "mom, you can leave now". that was a hard day..and now he is in 3rd grade. bryce wants to stay home everyday, on the other hand...only on account of the fact that recess isn't long enough! it will be interesting to see how dylan does. sometimes those rough and tumble boys aren't as tough as their older brothers afterall...when it comes to leaving mommy : )
love you,
jess
Post a Comment