This past month has been a little surreal to me. I looked at my “baby” and realized he just turned 2. I guess I can’t call him baby anymore. Actually it is one of my rules. After 2 no more “the baby” references. It always kind of irked me when a 3 year old was called the baby. That is until NOW!
You see with no other baby on the way I am not ready to let the one I have go. I still love to cuddle with him and hold him late into the night. Sometimes I take him out of bed and just hold him in my arms a little. I love that he lights up when he sees me. I love it when he backs up into my legs to sit when we read books or if he just needs a minute to rest. I love that he just needs me.
So maybe I will bend the rules and call him my “baby” until 2 ½
Thursday, October 22, 2009
My "Baby"?
Posted by Julie McRedmond at 12:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Or maybe till they're 4. I can't seem to stop. It used to be my rule too. I threw it out the window with Brookie. I snuggle and cuddle her as much as I can. Screw that rule...LOL
Yes, you are absolutely allowed to bend the rules...especially if they are your own. :)
Post a Comment