A New Year always offers a chance to look back, take stock and vow to change those things in our lives that we feel need improving. Although, I can’t really say that I am a believer in New Year's Resolutions I do get sucked into making a “list.” However, this year I decided to not even entertain the usual ones that never even make it out of my head. Sure I would like to save more money, eat right, take some photography class, figure out how to make Bella Salsa into a million dollar company, and of course still have time to volunteer. But let’s be honest with all the spare time I have…….NOT going to happen.
So this year I have decided to look inside and figure out how to make my chaos more manageable. For me that involves simple reminders and therefore as of today I have posted the following on my frig.
5 Simple Thoughts for 2009
1. Hug/Kiss your husband. In order to feel connected you have to connect.
2. Children learn by doing and usually that involves making a mess.
3. Children have frustrations of their own, even more so when they can’t communicate with words…..help them to express their ideas. Breakdowns happen for a reason……figure out the Why.
4. Childhood is only for a short while…. 3650 days. Enjoy it all.
5. When all else fails turn on the radio and dance.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Welcome 2009
Posted by Julie McRedmond at 9:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Love your blog....and your list!! I think I will add those mine :)
xoxo
jess
Love your list Jewls..Agre with all of it...
Love ya
10 years! I'm closing in on my 4th decade and I am STILL closer to childhood than my age. I sure don't think my subscription is best for most, but I seem to enjoy life fairly well.. Your a great inspiration for this new parent and I am grateful to follow in the tracks that you and Dan have laid. I am always touched by greatness and the purity that lies beneath it all. There was a great man whom lived a lively 60 years. In those few years he accomplished more in life than some generations have. It is said that men lived to 75 yrs (27,375 days) in his day. He filled his life and all others around him. Some of his inspiring words -"We cannot do great deeds unless we are willing to do the small things that make up the sum of greatness"
-Teddy Roosevelt NYC 1899
Post a Comment