When I first moved to NY things were tough. During my first week I saw a women stabbed….in broad daylight on a crowded street. I missed my friends and family. I often wondered if I made the right decision on moving out east.
That first year I felt really lost. My only escape was poetry and journals. I found that if I wrote I felt better. Unfortunately, I also found out that I could only write when I was sad or down. I would try to write when I was in a bubbly mood but nothing really came out. During those times I just wanted to sing and dance.
Well today I am having one of those sad, lost, down days so I decided to break out the pen and see what might come out.
Be warned I am not saying I am good at poetry/writing just that it makes me feel better.
There is a hole I just can’t fill today
I don’t think a kiss, or hug, or I love you is enough
Somedays I just need to start over
In order to heal the pain
In order to feel again
No really I’m alright
I just miss my peace of mind
I miss feeling whole
I miss knowing that everything
Is going to be alright
No really I’ll be just fine.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
My Current NY State of Mind
Posted by Julie McRedmond at 12:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Love it..I just want you to know everyday..whatever is going on...I UNDERSTAND YOU!!!!!! Always have..always will
Love ya
i love you juls...this too shall pass. i will be praying for your "state of mind", that the Lord will give you peace, the feeling of being whole and the knowledge that everything WILL be alright! i can't wait to see you in may!!!
I love you...
Post a Comment