Thursday, April 23, 2009

What to do between 5:30 and 6pm.?

When I am home on the weekends I always struggle with what to do with the boys during dinner prep time. I hate to just turn the TV on so I can actually have 30 minutes of uninterrupted time. So the other night I pulled the watercolors out and decided they could have some craft time. Everything started out great. Hudson was showing Dylan how to dip the brush and then pick a color and then paint. And Dylan, although not following the instructions completely, managed to keep most of the paint on the paper rather then his clothes. So I kept to myself in the kitchen as things seemed to working out great with crafts. I even poured myself a nice glass of wine and turned some music on

Five minutes passed as each of us did our own thing and then I heard it……
“Dyl look at this” And a laugh from Hudson And then a laugh from Dylan I knew better then to look.
And that is how we had dinner that night. Hudson with his war paint on, Dylan with his painting bib and me with my glass of wine.

1 comments:

The Murphy's said...

what a great job with the war paint. bravo!! miss you guys!