Saturday, May 9, 2009

Sunny Days are here again

Being from California I did not understand the excitement and joy those first warm days of Spring could bring. The first weekend when temps are in the 70's and you finally get to wear some shorts and flip flops. In California everyday was a potential beach day and I never packed my shorts and flip flops in the attic. I never longed to feel the heat of the sun & I certainly never experienced seasonal depression. If you asked me where I would rather be California or NY I would not need to search my soul for very long. And I am sure the packed bags and plane ticket would be a dead giveaway of where I was headed. I have come to discover I AM A CALIFORNIA GIRL! My blood is not made for the east coast. I like to be warm and wear flip flops all year long. BUT something I did not except to discover is how much I enjoy watching my boys enjoy their first days of warm weather. The glee in their faces as they tear down the beach, splashing in the water and throwing mud is priceless. And the last couple of weekends have been prime days to get out and enjoy the change of season.

So next winter as I pop my vitamen D pills and start my light therapy I will remind myself about the fun and laughs we have shared the last couple of weekends. And hope that it will be enough to hold me over until my first 70 degree weekend.

3 comments:

The Yoders said...

Yeah! Summer is just around the corner! The boys looked like they really had a great time! Hope to see you when you are out in California... bring your flip flops! Today was a great pool day! I'm with you, I am not cut out for cold weather living!

Annie said...

I am cracking up.."As I have light therapy"..too funny. I can only imagine how you feel watching them run down the beach. I am soooo not cut out for the winter..and I basically do wear flip flops all year long..I wish you were back here...

Deb said...

yay sun! it's sad, but Ramon and I have realized on certain days we are SO HAPPY, and then figure out it's because the sun is out and we have truly missed it. it changes everything.
I wasn't sure if you were joking about the Vitamin D and light therapy or were you serious? I'm asking, because come next winter, I will be trying one or both!