And there it is….the first of many graduation pictures. Hudson had his nursery school graduation on Friday and as I sat there I couldn’t help thinking that this was the last summer I would have my baby boy. September starts pre – K and class ALL day. I have to admit I wish there was more time. I wish I could do a 3 month sabbatical but if I could really get my way I would take just one year off to be with my son while he is still a boy. Spend one more year with him before he hits the big time.
I would have no problem staying home with Hudson for one more year. I would be able to listen to his silly, imaginative stories like how he is on a soccer team or how he took swim lessons (neither of which is true). He could quiz me on words that rhyme with bat and counting in Spanish for…one more year. I would have no problem answering a thousand questions before 9 am. His most recent question of the day was “Mommy, what kind of remote control does God have to make me move?” I mean the boy makes me think.
I would have no problem letting him stay up late watching the airplanes with me instead of stressing that he gets to bed early for school the next day. I would have no problem having his helping hands around. We could paint and have train pancakes for breakfast everyday....for one more year.
While I can say that I didn’t cry during his ceremony my heart did hurt a little. But most of all I was proud. You see despite how I would love to have Hudson home for one more year, my son would not have it. He was so excited for his graduation and smiled proudly as he sat with his class. He has loved every minute of this past year and can’t wait to hit the “big time.” So I sat there and smiled as he sang his songs trying not to picture him 15 years from now, finishing high school and excited to start his life. Because just the thought of that DOES bring tears to my eyes.
So since my request to take the next year off is not possible I would ask Father Time…please hear my plea and at least make the next 3 months go by as slow as possible.
Monday, June 14, 2010
My little graduate
Posted by Julie McRedmond at 7:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Jewls...Love it..That is a great pic of your boys.. I know how you feel. I would love to stay home for one more year too. Brookie is growing up so fast. And Brady, well, let's just say he leaves me speechless with what a little man he is becoming. We are on a good trend the last couple of months.
Your boys are so precious. I just wish we were closer to enjoy them even more. I love you tons....
Post a Comment