I never dreamed of becoming a mother. I never even thought about being a wife or homemaker. Nope not me. I had other dreams. I was going to live in Paris and be an art curator at the Louvre….or at the very least work in the gift shop. I would be multilingual and spend my days traveling to far off places learning new languages. I would meet amazing people who would teach me more about life then I could ever learn in my own backyard. And I would have a house on the water where I could end my days watching the sunset and appreciating the beauty of life. And then I turned 30 (literally), two pink lines showed up and those dreams “changed” a little. You see now I could never imagine not being a mother, wife and homemaker. And while I don’t live in Paris there is a picture of the Eiffel Tower in my living room. - Check And as far as the curator position goes when I look at the definition, a curator or keeper of a cultural heritage institution (e.g., gallery, museum, or archive- read: HOME) is a content specialist responsible for an institution's collections (read: children, husband, dog). It seems to fit my current role perfectly. And in Scotland, the term "curator" is used to mean the guardian of a child. - Check I have mastered “toddler-ese” which is a very complex language for the 4 and under set. It involves a lot of repetition, gestures, and adjustment to voice tones. If anyone is interested in a lesson let me know. - Check I do travel to far off places. But mostly, while I am locked in the bathroom with a glass of wine in my own version of a time out. - Check I have met amazing people. Two especially handsome boys come to my mind. And yes they have taught me more about life and myself then I could have ever thought possible. There are a select few things I could have done without discovering but mostly I cherish what I have become. - Check And while my permanent residence is not on the water I have a weekend place that is. - Check And as far as appreciating the beauty in life, the above mentioned handsome boys remind me of it everyday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Online Ad Post Jobs Available(11557)
Http://www.bestonlinejob.net Internet Online
Home Base Copy Paste Jobs Available Regestration
$200 To $1000/- As Per Month Earning $100 To $300 Daily
Regestration Daily Working Daily Earning
For Further Detail ? www.bestonlinejob.net
Post a Comment