Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Ritual

Kiss - Hug - High Five.


That has always been the morning ritual before I leave for work. And always in that order. If there was one extra kiss then we had to start from the beginning. Dylan quickly adopted the ritual as he grew older.

And for awhile it was.. Kiss - Hug - High Five - Kiss - Hug - High Five

Then a couple of weeks ago it started to change. Small changes at first. The hug came first, then the kiss. Then we dropped the high five. I began to think, with a heavy heart, that we would lose the hug or kiss next. And then finally the ritual all together. But the best thing happened. We adopted a whole new ritual

Hug (with head tilted back) - Kiss (with hands behind your back) - then Hug and Kiss with arms wrapped tightly around each other.

I am not sure how long this one will last but I am loving every minute of it. (o - and I still get Hug - Kiss - High Five with Dylan)

0 comments: