Monday, November 24, 2008

Mama's Beach House

I have always considered myself a traveler. I have lived in California, Japan, Paris & NY and traveled whenever possible. After time, being surrounded by the same four walls makes me feel like a bird in a cage. And I start to act a little crazy and cranky. Since bringing two boys and a dog into the family mix, traveling has been limited the last couple of years. Thankfully we have Mama's Beach House..which has been a part of Danny's family for 20 years. Tucked away in the beach town of Old Saybrook, CT it has been my saving grace. Whenever I feel the itch to get away we pack the boys & Cali up and travel to the Beach House. Life is easier and calmer up there. We stay in PJ's all day if we want and don't rush around getting "errands" done. Best of all we all sleep a little better up there.....i.e later. The boys enjoy the outdoors and can ride bikes on the streets. Honestly for them it is probably as country as they will get. And best of all THEY LOVE IT. Hudson gets so excited when he knows we are spending the weekend at Mama's beach house. Although the summer months are a bit busier with trips to the beach (or Sound to be correct), mini golf, and playing catch with Cali I have always loved the Fall up there. The boys look so cute bundled up. The streets have even less traffic. The leaves fill the lawn to the point where you can't see the grass. And you can smell all the fireplaces. It is Fall at its core and for me the best escape from my four walls in Yonkers.

5 comments:

Cole Family said...

i love fall too...it's nice to live somewhere where you get the beautiful leaves changing....looks like they're having fun in their jeep..what a neat place:)

Annie said...

I want to go to mam's beach house..sign me up. Love ya miss ya
annei

The Murphy's said...

That picture of the boys driving off in the jeep is priceless. Miss those boys. Hope to see them soon. xo.

Begin to Breathe said...

annie took my line!! i'm so glad you have that special getaway. everyone needs to escape once in awhile.
love and miss you,
jess

Deb said...

what? traveling is limited when you have kids?? LOL I have all these plans for places we are going to go, but only after the kids are older. I don't want to pay a lot of money to go somewhere to work around nap schedules, diaper issues, etc, etc. You lived in Paris? very cool. I've been once and fell in love.... You have lived in some nifty places!