Monday, November 3, 2008

Hudson

My buddy, my Chunk-a-Monk, my Trumpson, my Hudsa-roo......my best friend. I took a look at Hudson this weekend and it seems like right before my eyes he is becoming a boy. Hudson was always a mama's boy but it seemed like the day I came home with Dylan he transformed to a daddy's boy. Like overnight! Maybe it was instinct. Maybe he knew that I would need to spend time with Dylan. But to me it didn’t feel that way. To me it felt like he didn’t love me anymore and it hurt. I know it seems silly and I am sure that children go thru phases of preferring one parent to the other. They are only human after all. But for me I just could not help feeling like I lost my buddy. The past year has had its ups and downs with this. He even started to get a little fresh and actually tell me he didn’t love me. Now granted that statement usually came right after me telling him he could not do something or was in a time out but it didn’t help my already broken heart. This weekend I got my boy back! Danny had to work Saturday and I had so many errands to run. So I loaded the boys in the car at 9am and did not get back until 12:30pm. Hudson was my best mate all morning. He helped with Dylan, told jokes, laughed, and the best part told me how much he loved spending time with me. On Sunday morning Danny had him out front raking leaves and Dylan had just fallen asleep so I decided to take an hour and finish up my errands. Hudson to Danny - “Where is mommy going?” D – “She needs to go to the store.” H – “Mommy where are you going” J – “I need to run to Target buddy……(I took a chance)….want to come with me.” Hudson looked at me then looked at Danny H – “Yes I want to go with you mommy.” I felt like my ears did not hear him right, so I asked again just to be sure….same answer “I want to go with Mommy” If he was older I would say he was just trying to get out of raking leaves but since he loves to do anything that involves his daddy. ......My heart smiled as Hudsa-roo and I took a ride to the store.

3 comments:

Begin to Breathe said...

Too cute! So what did he get outta the deal? ha ha. My boys love to go to Target if they think their getting something out of it. Quality time with mom is a bit over rated at this point. We take what we can get huh?

Annie said...

Dido jess..Brady always thinks he is getting something at Target. Jewls really, little boys ar enever far from a mother's heart, arms, and snuggles. Brady still prefers me to almost anyone (except me mom)..I love every second of it.

Christine said...

Landon still tells me...and anyone who asks, that I am his "best girl." I dread the day he realizes I am just "MOM!" But for now, I treasure his sweetness, hugs, and kisses. Enjoy your little man...enjoy them both. So glad you are so in love with your babies. I'm happy for you, Julie!