Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Of course

It was just me and the boys on Sunday so I decided to take a ride to Hoboken to visit Vanessa & Jimmy. Hudson loves Jimmy and they have fish which he was dying to see again. As we all know there is a little prep work in getting a family out of the house.... Sippy cups (make sure they are the right ones), Snacks, Lunch, Juice boxes, Diapers, Extra clothes (for both), Feed the dog, Clean up the ENTIRE bag of pretzels the boys just dumped out on the floor, Now I need to vacuum, Change diaper, trip to the bathroom, get both dressed, find socks and shoes, And that is where I lost my mind a little. Just that morning I had pulled out a new pair of shoes for Dylan. But somewhere b/w taking them out of the box and going to actually put them on his feet I lost a one. I must have searched for 10 minutes in every nock of the house. Even the toy boxes and refrigerator. But nothing. It was lost. O-well no more time to look so we headed to Hoboken and ended up having a great day. Hudson got to feed the fish, we all went to the park and even squeezed in a trip to Target. As I got ready for bed that night the best thing happened........I found the lost shoe.. Since I can't remember I can only assume that I at least remembered to put deodorant on and brush my teeth before we left.

8 comments:

The Murphy's said...

LOL. That's so great!! Losing your mind is just part of the job! :-)

Begin to Breathe said...

i can so relate to this. i thought for sure it would be in the fridge!

Julie McRedmond said...

I know.....the fridge is always the first place i look

Cole Family said...

love it julie!!!....i remember losing the phone when trent was just born....in the refrigerator....i guess no sleep and childen does that to you:)

Deb said...

i'm glad you found the shoe! i've heard that when you are pregnant you lose brain cells, and from my experience they are lost forever! Yeah, it is not an easy thing to get 2 kids and yourself out the door, and especially when you have to take all that "stuff" for them! On the rare occasion that I get out alone, I take my tiniest purse, just because I can!

The Yoders said...

Julie! That is so funny! I once found the phone in the freezer... I guess it happens to all of us mothers! Thanks for the giggle!

Annie said...

I am with Jess..I was thinking fridge or pantry..That is where all my lost stuff is.. LOL

Christine said...

HA! HA! HA! I usually find things in the refrigerator OR they have fallen in the crevice of one of the couches. We seem to set everything there and then knock it over...never to be heard from again. Thanks for the laugh...