Sunday, October 26, 2008

Goodnight to me

It has been one of my favorite bed time stories and the other night I had some inspiration thanks to another mother. I am sure that we all have a version to tell....so if you feel the bug please post I would love to hear it.

In the messy green living room

there was a buzzing cellphone

and a tricycle, and power quad, and

Tickle Me Elmo.

And a screaming infant because his

dog popped his red balloon

And a picture of -

The cow jumping over the moon

(never did pick up the coloring books from this afternoon)

And there were three big balls stacked high on a chair.

And two little boys

And way too many toys

And a much too small house

And a tired spouse.

And a comb and a brush and a barking dog who won't hush

And an exhausted mommy pleading with everyone to hush.

Goodnight messy roomS

Goodnight moon

Goodnight cow jumping over the moon

(still no time to pick that up)

Goodnight broken light

And the red balloon

Goodnight Manny the monkey

Goodnight...wait where my car keys.

Goodnight firetruck tent

And goodnight tricycle who's wheels are bent

Goodnight Thomas the Train tracks

And goodnight leftover cereal bar snacks.....Cali will get those.

Goodnight WAY too small house.

And goodnight tired spouse....you still out there?

Goodnight comb and goodnight toothbrush

Goodnight EVERYbody

Goodnight Hudson....I said hush

And goodnight to the old lady who has finally sat down on the couch

Goodnight stars.....Goodnight air

Hello glass of Red......and goodnight noises everywhere.

5 comments:

Annie said...

Greg and I just read it..He thought it was cute and agreed with me about what I told you on the phone... Very cute... If I tried to re-write that story I would end up having to use waayyyy too many bad words. It would for sure be an R Rated version.J/K
xoxoxoox

Julie McRedmond said...

My you are quick. I guess I will have to explain that in the morning. Thanks again

The Yoders said...

Love it! Sounds like saying Goodnight at our house...LOL I love that story...too clever!

Cole Family said...

super cute!...i love it, you did a great job and maybe it can be goodnight moon 2-the real world:)

Deb said...

I am a big fan of that book too, so I loved your post! Very cute! We call getting ready for bed the "bewitching hour" in our house. :)