Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Once Upon a time

A little girl went to the circus….. For the past two weeks the only talk in our house has been about the circus. Those marketing people at Ringley Brothers are no dumbies. They stick the commercials for the newest show right between Dora and Diego which are the boys favorite shows. I thought I had the situation under control and was going to get out of actually having to take them. You see I have never really been a fan of the circus. I have always had a soft spot for those tigers, horses and elephants. Poor things did not choose to travel their whole lives in trains and tents. And I don’t like cotton candy. But I guess as all moms come to realize when you have a baby certain things stop being about you…..and I guess the circus is now one of them for me. It all started last Tuesday morning. Hudson woke up in the best mood and ALL he could talk about is how much fun he had at the circus. I asked him about it and who went. And in a very confused voice he said… "Mommy don’t you remember. We all went to the circus and we saw tigers and elephants. Mommy I love tigers and elephants. Can we go to the circus again?.” You see where this is going. We never went to the circus. What Hudson was referring to was a good old fashion dream. And that is where he had me hook and sinker. If he wanted to go to the circus so bad he was dreaming about it then I guess I needed to get on ticket master. And on Thursday morning that is what I did. Saturday morning was like Christmas for Hudson. He could not wait to go and I am thankful that I got tickets for the 10:30 am show. He talked about it all the way to the arena and was jumping up and down once we got in. It was a two hour show and that little boy sat on the edge of his seat eating popcorn and watching it all. Now as I mentioned before the circus was never on the top of my list BUT the circus with my son will now be. I was reminded again about how simple life can be. And that every now and again it is great to see the world thru your child’s eyes. I guess a funny guy with a red nose, flashing swords, dancing elephants, and roaring tigers are “the funiest”

Seriously I love the circus
Hudson not too sure about the clown
They ate popcorn like it was chocolate

2 comments:

Annie said...

So cute Jewls...Love it. We went when it was here last year. Brady still loves it.. So adorable.

Begin to Breathe said...

I have never been fond of clowns...so the circus has not even been a tought in my head. So far it's only me that has had dreams (or nightmares) about it, so i guess i'm off the hook for awhile!
Glad you had fun :)