Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sous chefs & Book clubs

Lately life has felt rushed. It has been months of early mornings and late nights. I am trying to take pictures and videos of precious moments and even the everyday moments….the moments that I might have difficultly recalling one day. We have developed one of those habits lately…one that I always want to remember. Hudson is the best helper I have……even better then Danny at times. : ) He loves to clean, wash dishes, and his new thing is he “insists” on packing his lunch bag for Noreen’s. So I place all the breakfast/snacks/lunch items on the counter and he fits them nicely into the lunch bag. And of course in his fashion, tells me that he really does not feel like PB & J today and would rather have grilled cheese for lunch. So back to the fridge I go…..and I guess Dylan will get the PB & J. Dylan is now on to the game. And in his true fashion, he trys to pull two chairs to the counter to help pack the lunch bag. Luckily at this point he does not comment about what goes into the bag but I am sure that is coming. But what he does do is dump out all the baggies and then eats what he should be having as a snack for breakfast. Although all this back and forth puts me back a little behind in the getting out of the house department. I LOVE it. I love how Dylan always gets two chairs. I love how Hudson hugs Dylan and tells him that he is his little buddy. I love how Hudson asks Dylan if he wants grapes for lunch…..and then turns to tell me that Dylan just loves grapes and would like more

Packing Lunchs
They also love to help me bake And just this morning I caught the first meeting of the "Picnic Book Club"
Brushing Teeth
I know that all these little moments will be the ones I cherish the most. Just time with my boys....and them spending time together.

3 comments:

Annie said...

So precious Julie. They are so cute together. They are really going to grow up friends. I can just tell by their sweetness with eachother. Adorable. You are such a good mommy...Love you

The Murphy's said...

I hope I am half as good of a mother that you are. love you. xo.

Sommer Gard said...

I needed to read this. Life is so about the everyday and not the big events. I too need to take the time to take photos of every moment!