Hudson on a scale of one to ten this morning was a six in terms of difficulty. We were actually running great on time and I have figured out (after doing this for 2 ½ years) that the magic wake up time is 6:30am for you. I have come to realize that you are not a morning person and although I love to let you sleep in I hate dragging you out of the house in 10 minutes. We all feel rushed and you always ask me if I am mad, which breaks my heart. Because sometimes the answer is yes, but not for the reasons you might think.
Anyway we got off to a great start - hugs, kiss, cuddling under a blanket on the couch. At some point you snapped and that was followed by 15 minutes of whining, pulling at me, grunting and making demands. I ended up losing my cool with you.
I just want you to know that I am sorry that I raised my voice this morning. I know that there are some days when all you want to do is stay home with me and it sucks that I have to work. Trust me buddy it sucks for me too. I promise that I will do my best to make the mornings go smoother, for everyone. I love you
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
I am sorry
Posted by Julie McRedmond at 7:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh that is so sweet, Julie. We are all human and we all wish we had Mother Theresa's patience now and again. You're a terrific mother and I learn from you. Thank you! xx
I learn from you too. And God knows I have been in those same exact shoes and done the same exact thing. All we can do is try again tomorrow. I do say I am sorry to my children. I think it is a good habit. I think they will learn to do the same when they are wrong. I also think they learn that we are not perfect. When I do feel my patience have run short and I do apologize, Brady at 7, will look at me and say, "its ok mom." I know it is!!!
Post a Comment