Friday, September 26, 2008

A dinner date with the Moon

Hudson will be 3 in January and from day one there are two constants that stand out in my mind with him. First thing the boy has always had a hard time falling asleep. I have rocked that baby to sleep from the moment I walked thru the door with him. Second he has always had a mild nature about him. And in the last couple of years I have come to learn so much more. He is sweet, calm, inquisitive, thoughtful, loving and most of all funny. He loves to make you laugh, listen to music, and dance.......actually he REALLY loves music. At least once a week we become a band with drums, guitars, violins, and harmonicas. Hudson also loves to read, do puzzles, and talk about everything he sees. A couple of weeks ago we sat in the backyard watching the planes overhead. He wanted to know where everyone was going and if they all had their backpacks with games and snacks for the planes. I assured him that they packed everything they needed and were probably going to see loved ones far away. As we sat on the deck the moon began to appear in the sky. He was so excited to see it's faint outline H - "Mommy if I got daddy's ladder I could visit the moon." J - "I don't see why not buddy.....what would you want to do when you got there" H -"Maybe we could take Cali for a walk........do you think they have cookies on the moon mom"

J - "Not sure, just to be safe we should bring some"

H - "Good thinking"

We went on to talk about other things and Hudson let me know he had to tend to his rocks...yes like any boy he LOVES rocks. I would say that I went to tend my garden but actually I only have 4 flower pots so I don't think that makes a garden.

It started to get late and we needed to get dinner going so I told Hudson we had 2 more minutes.

H - "Mommy can I bring the moon inside with us"

J- " Well honey that might be difficult because the moon is very far away"

H - " No mommy it's right here" as he pulls me around the patio table.

H - " I didn't see daddy's ladder so I just made my own moon.....can the moon come to dinner?"

J - "Yes buddy the moon can come to dinner"........Seemed like the only response I could give.

2 comments:

Begin to Breathe said...

SOOO sweet julie! And of course you can bring the moon to dinner!!

xoxo
jess

Deb said...

what is it with boys and rocks?? :) that was cute! and hey, don't feel bad, 4 flower pots is way more than I've got.....